I started a series a while back of the tarot spreads I use in my Etsy Shop, but never finished it (whoops). So here’s another installment: the 5-card version of my Relationship Tarot Spread.
- This card is you. Your wants, your needs, your concerns. It encompasses your view of the relationship, and your influence on it.
- This card is the other person. Their wants, needs, concerns. It represents their view, and their influence.
- This card is what uplifts you: what is going right, what is keeping you together. This represents the strengths of the relationship.
- This card is what pulls you down: what is going wrong, and what is pulling you apart. This represents the issues and weaknesses in the relationship.
- This is the general overview of the relationship: how are you doing on the whole? It may also contain advice for the future. If the querent had a specific concern or issue they wished to focus on, this card will focus on that aspect.
Pretty straightforward, right? And applicable to any number of relationships, not just romantic ones. I could just as easily use it to look at a friendship, or a parent-child relationship – anything between two people! I do have spreads that work for more than two people, but that tends to require more cards. The smallest spread to look at a three-way relationship adds just one more card along the lines of card #2.
Stay tuned for the 9-card relationship spread, which is the next spread in my queue!